What certificates should I prepare when entering into China?
Answer: A valid passport and visa are required for an individual to enter China. Usually the airline/ship will give each passenger an entry card and a customs declaration form to fill out prior to arrival. These, together with other necessary credentials and documents, are needed to enter China through its open ports.
Can I drive my own car into China?
Answer: Yes. But foreigners arriving by car are required to enter China through their pre-approved ports. Upon arrival, valid passports, visas and related documents are required to be handed in and verified by customs authorities.
Are there any specific requirements towards health according to the Entry Regulation?
Answer: Yes. Those who came from yellow-fever infected areas must show valid vaccination certificates to the inspection and quarantine authorities and those who suffer from leprosy, AIDS/HIV infection, VD (venereal disease) and tuberculosis are prohibited from entry.
What kind of person is not allowed to enter China?
Answer: The following personnel are prohibited from entering China:
1. People who have broken Chinese laws and others who were expelled and have not been permitted to re-enter China.
2. Known or suspected terrorists and those who engage in violent and subversive activities.
3. Known or suspected dealers in contraband, drug trade, or prostitution.
4. People who suffer from Hansen's disease (leprosy), AIDS/HIV, VD (venereal disease), pulmonary tuberculosis and other infectious diseases.
5. People who cannot afford the cost of their stay in China.
6. People who are known or suspected to engage in activities that are harmful to China's social order and national security.
7. Those who do not hold valid passports, visas and other credentials.
8. Those who hold stolen, forged or altered passports, visas and credentials.
9. Those who refuse to have their credentials and documents checked.
10. Those who are forbidden to enter China by the Ministry of Public Security of China and the Ministry of State Security.